Sunday, March 21, 2010

soartful challenge-March 20, 2010


For this week's challenge we are provided with a lovely vintage sketch. I will admit that I had no idea where to go with this image....So, I began messing around with PS brushes, creating a background using the colors in the parasol and the gray background. I added one of my favorite textures, a freebie I've had for a long time, of roses and bits of text glazed with pink, and a texture from SkeketalMess for some color around the edges.
I really was in a reverie all afternoon, creating this. I guess it's one of those "organic" pieces, that just grows into itself.
I like it a lot. I'd love to know what you think.

6 comments:

  1. This is stunning. I love everything about it. Thanks telling how you did it. I love how you
    cut the circle image. Although, I don't know how you did that part. Just beautiful.

    Thanks for being Soartful this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful, love how you have framed it and all of the elements added make this a most peaceful creation - congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very beautiful piece- love the soft vintage colors- the whole design is beautifully thought out and crafted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Lovely Linda. Yay! for photoshop.

    Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! Do you recommend a specific website for free photoshop brushes? - Kathy (Kathy Dentz Keith)

    dentzl@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome effect you accomplished using your brushes and eraser together-What depth! I will have to give this a try some time soon!

    ReplyDelete