Wednesday, April 14, 2010

soartful challenge-Embossed background


This week's challenge at Soartful was to use the elegant embossed background provided. It seemed to beg for Asian embellishment, so who am I to argue. I've been wanting to use this lovely geisha for a long time, and this was a perfect opportunity. I altered the background with some layers and textures from Temari09 at T4L and Kimi, who was in a class I took and offered some of her textures to us. I also applied some Photoshop brushes and layer styles.

The character in the upper left corner is Beauty.

3 comments:

  1. Linda--this collage is really very pretty. Beautiful image--looks great on this background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, She is a beauty. This is such a beautiful piece. The colors and texture you added are so rich. So much more interesting that just the white.

    ReplyDelete