Thursday, January 15, 2015

Documented Life Project 2015 Week 2

First step, the January theme--conquering the blank page!
second step was the weekly prompt--use Gesso.
used white gesso this time, scraped with a plastic card an added texture with stencils .
Next, stenciled with acrylics and splattered with metallic ink and sprayed with water to make some drips. 
Third step, Journal Prompt:  “The beginning is always today.” -Mary Shelley.  I found a quote that I liked better and wrote it on a tag.  It says "the world is round and the place which seems like the end may also be the beginning" -Ivy Baker Priest
Next, went through my little box of cutout words and phrases and found some that went together and stuck them down.
Finished?
maybe...maybe not...
left side

right side 

1 comment:

  1. I like the quote you chose. I'm guessing you used a paint pen to highlight the chicken's feathers? The dotted outline makes her seem exotic.

    ReplyDelete