Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Three Muses--The Written Word

a quote from one of my favorite authors, John Irving.  I began my love affair with his work through the movies--Setting Free the Bears, Hotel New Hampshire, The World according to Garp--the movies are so rich and full of nuance. And then I read some of the novels--and they were even richer--fascinating characters, gorgeous, succulent prose, quirky and funny, sad and ultimately quite profound.
Who could ask for more...

 
THe background is made with textures from Textures for Layers Flickr group (a GREAT resource), the font is Impact, with a letterpress style applies and the butterfly is a brush.

7 comments:

  1. What fabulous information you have given Linda. Most of the movies I was aware of but you've piqued my interest and I might look into reading his novels.
    Lovely artwork too, I like the background pages with just a hint of text showing and the glorious butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a different artwork with the text on the wood-like background. Like Liz, I found your information on the films and novels very interesting, as is the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful texture in this...great job Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have enjoyed John Irving's novels, too. Love the texture and dimension you have in this piece.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great dimensional effect in this interesting piece. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic use of texture, Linda, and such a satisfying piece to look at.

    ReplyDelete