Sunday, April 28, 2013

Quotography--Open Theme.

I took some nice photos of these Dawn Redwood trees a few weeks ago at the Arnold Arboretum in Boston (Redwoods in Boston, who knew!), just as they were beginning to get that green haze that comes right before the buds burst out.
I remember thinking about this quote while I was making the photographs.

I created a threshold layer from the original and set the blend mode to multiply, then added a texture from Nancy Claeys from A Rural Journal, set to color burn.

11 comments:

  1. What a wonderful quote! Redwoods in Mass.? Wow!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bare branched trees look so majestic and mystical against the blue gray sky. Very beautiful. The quote goes perfectly with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture but the quote is beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that time in Spring when you see the first soft green tinge appearing as winter's starkly bare limbs begin to come to life. It is such a lift to the spirit. Your entry is a lovely reminder of the promise of Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminds us that not all praise needs to be loud! Your shot really captures that magnificence of trees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love this! It is such a wonderful quote.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Linda! I hope you see this.
    I've been viewing your page for a while now and I really love your work. Each picture better than the other. I was wondering if you could help me with a little logo.
    My old school just asked me to play as a "DJ" on their last school dance. I have my stage name "Le Grand Patron" that I will use. (no one knows that I will play) I just need a logo for the school paper. Can you help me? :)
    Pleas answer me on Valgerithorj@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, what a lovely quote and photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. perfect quote with piece... lovely photograph!

    ReplyDelete