Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday Selections Oregon coast, Cannon Beach revisited

these photos were taken along the Oregon coast in November 2004, a few months after I finished treatment for uterine cancer.  It was the trip of a lifetime!

These views appeared around every corve in the road.


This little girl in her bright pink boots was exploring Cannon Beach with her dad.

This seal, I think it's a harbor seal, followed us--just beyond the breakers--as we walked up and down the beach for about 20 minutes.


This beach was littered with enormous logs, which had escaped from log rafts coming down the coast from Alaska, Canada and Washington.  They float just under the surface and are a terrible hazard to small craft and fishing boats

5 comments:

  1. I have been sitting here for ages daydreaming about the Ocean. thanks Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful shots, and I love those bright pink boots. If only they made them in my size I would invest in them - something to make me smile every day. Thanks for these shots - I loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! I love the curved coastline and the seal bobbing along in the waves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a gorgeous part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photos. I've been there too, it's so beautiful and powerful!

    ReplyDelete