Friday, June 25, 2010

Pandora's Box


I've recently signed up for a digital workshop on one of the Yahoo groups I belong to. I'm very excited to be learning more about how to use the powerful tools in Photoshop Elements to improve and enhance what I create. The classes don't begin for a few weeks yet, so the instructors gave us a theme to play with to "warm up".

Pandora's Box

I've loved this story since I was a little girl--I loved myths and legends as soon as I began to be able to read them, and still do. I think the world is a more interesting place because of Pandora's curiosity. Imagine a world without all the "evils" let loose from the box. Paradise, yes, but not very challenging. If Pandora hadn't opened the box, you know someone else would have. We can't help ourselves--we HAVE to KNOW!

It is rising to challenges and conquering our fears and dealing with adversity that make us human.

And never forget that HOPE was also in the box. And that is the "saving" grace. Hope is what keeps humanity going- more than any other virtue we may possess.

This collage is made with images and textures from Suzee Que's Flickr site, Google, Digital Whisper,Graphics Fairy and Textures for Layers. It is comprised of 14 layers, including text and brush layers.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic "Story Telling Montage"-I can hardly wait for the workshops to get started because we are going to experience some awesome new techniques and fabulous eye candy! You already have a good grasp of working with your software, so you will be in awe of what you'll be able to do with some new tricks up your sleeve! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very nice, great theme!

    ReplyDelete