Monday, June 28, 2010

4 x 4 Friday--Guardians


I know, I know...this is Monday night and I am days behind...
This Friday's challenge at 4x4 Friday is cemetery angels. I love to look at them, they have such a range of emotions on their stone faces. This angel seemed a guardian to me, not a mourner, so I began to create the ranks of Guardian Angels, coming from heaven to meet their newborn charges. They look strong, fearless and so kind to me.

The angel is freebie from Gaby Braun, altered by her, and again by me. The background pieces are from T4L, other bits from The Feathered Nest and Google Images. The original background layer, to fill in the white spaces around my angels was painted with a set of watercolor stroke photoshop brushes.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Cemetery art is amazing and you have captured the hopeful, inspirational feeling in this 4x4. You and I were thinking alike with this challenge. Gorgeous art Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful creation Linda! Great artwork.

    ReplyDelete