Saturday, May 29, 2010

soartful challenge-We are Women


Here's my entry for Soartful's challenge--I am Woman. I wanted to show another side of women in my piece, but still, in essence, that women are strong and protective of the people and things they love.

Also, patriotic holidays always affect me strongly, and cause me to remember and honor the efforts and sacrifices that go into the making of our country, especially those of young soldiers. We owe them all a great debt.

With thanks to Google, for the images of the soldier and the Constitution, and Scrapbook Flair for the flag backgound and other textures, and Rubyblossom from T4L for additioonal texture layers.

4 comments:

  1. Just perfect for the holiday!!!
    We need to be reminded, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous - power to these women and my Canadian women troops! I cannot imagine the obstacles they have to face on a daily basis, we owe them much. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you interpreted the theme in this way. It is important for us to remember what Memorial Day is all about. And, how important woman have been in the cause. Beautifully done in every way.

    Thanks for being Soartful this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning, Linda! I couldn't agree more with your statement with the art work. Great piece. I'm sorry I missed it till now.

    ReplyDelete