Friday, May 28, 2010

Collage Obsession-Leaving Alcatraz


Welcome back from your vacation, Ladies. I missed you,and hope it was a great time, even without the fishing!

The challenge this week is Door, and the image is a photo of a door from Alcatraz Island, home of America's most famous prison. I began tothink about prison, and what it might be like for someone to have to leave after 20, 30 or even 50 years there. How could one possibly cope with the amazing changes that take place during half a century. I can only imagine it must be simply overwhelming.

So here is my postcard--a man leaving the place he's known for so long, stepping into a world he has no knowledge of...

With thanks to the generous artists at Textures for Layers, including Boccacino, Rubyblossom, jfreznel and Sunneschii. The image of the man is from the Library of Congress collection.

1 comment:

  1. Linda, it's nice to be back! We had a really good time together :))

    I love the idea in your collage and I am very happy you chose to use the prison theme too. You did it greatly! I can sense the confusion of the man - everything's going to be so different... And the other hand - what has he done to got there!?

    ReplyDelete