Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Three Muses Challenge-Water



Ladies, another interesting challenge. My first feeling about water is always the calming strength of the sea. I always feel restored just by the sight and smell of it. It's funny, there are two places in the country that I would choose to live in if I could--the Atlantic coast, represented here, or the high desert of New Mexico, in or near Santa Fe, which was the inspiration for last Sunday Postcard art's piece

The original photo was taken in Conecticutt, down around New London. Artistic filters applied and the ocean was actually painted back in after the filters removed all the colors

13 comments:

  1. It's funny because, as sunny and warm as that picture looks, it makes me feel cold. It's snowing outside and the thought of being on a beach is giving me goosebumps! Joking aside, it's a great picture. Love the strong colours of the umbrella contrasting with the softness of the sea grass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow what a woderful piece.
    Fabulous design. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this picture--it's where I want to be right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a calm and beautiful scene, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a serene setting....and I love the term "halycon days". Each week, I am amazed at the wondrous array of talent that comes our way. No matter what the theme, there are never two alike, and opening each entry is a gift. Thank you for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda I see it can be good to be challenged if this is the result. Fantastic picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful restful piece -there is nothing like the ocean to stir up emotions- wonderful entry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful and calm scene!! love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great piece for the water challenge. This is the first time I have played this challenge and the artwork it fab.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry I'm late with my comment, Linda. Your picture is beautiful. Thanks so much for joining in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete